"Jordan" Mele Java Finish Jewelry Box
|Average Customer Review: ( 26 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
15 of 15 found the following review helpful:
Very Nice Modern Jewelry Box Feb 12, 2010
By Eric C. Contakos
My wife wanted a Jewelry Box, something modern. Most of the ones I saw were antiquated looking like something your Grandma would have. Then I spotted this one. Modern, Clean lines, and very functional. The product arrived and was exactly as listed. She couldn't be happier as this was a birthday present. Happy Wife = Happy Life!
26 of 30 found the following review helpful:
Guys trying to buy jewelry boxes = scary. Jul 16, 2010
So I had this plan. I was going to buy a jewelry box for the wife, you know, to show her that I appreciated her. And because in our big move there was misc. jewelry everywhere. But you know she has one of those ones that is like older, and has her older stuff in it, and so I wanted to get her something that wouldn't "replace" it.. So I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what to get her.
I didn't need something with a mirror, or like, really specifically for displaying, and it doesn't need to be able to hold like 5000 things, but I wanted it to hold enough so I could buy her 2-3 things a month to put in there, cuz there's so much on Amazon that's cool and doesn't cost much. Bla bla bla anyway.
This thing seems really sturdy and pops out when you lift the lid, and has a mirror. But from what it seems like with the mirror, I think it just makes everything inside look neater and sheds some much needed light in there. So for guys I don't know, its like a tackle box with a mirror on it, where the bottom slides out and the top kinda pops up a little bit. Neat!
So it has all kinds of different sized slots and can hold quite a few things. So I buy her like, random jewelry that looks neat. So far it has like 2 broaches, a belly button ring, toe ring, actual ring, and several charms. (She doesn't wear this stuff, but it is all of a type of animal she collects, so it doesn't matter!)
The cool thing is, they all have their own spot. It's like this jewelry box was designed with my idea in mind...
So anyway. I buy something for her, and then she goes and puts it in there somewhere, and it sits in the bedroom but it doesn't look like a jewelry box. Just a black box sitting there, which I think is kind of neat.
Anyway, I really wanted to write this review, because it was a serious, serious pain trying to find the right jewelry box.
I hope this helps someone else out there with the same idea as me. Jewelry / charms is/are SO CHEAP on Amazon and you can find virtually anything and it is going to look great. And if you need a tackle box, but for girls. I think this thing is for you. :P
18 of 21 found the following review helpful:
Makes a nice gift. Jun 08, 2011
Watch Video Here: http://www.amazon.com/review/R36JEO5GE349RH Jewelry Box in Java - Jordan - Jewelry Boxes by Mele - 0078411
6 of 6 found the following review helpful:
Very poor quality (like a cheap girls toy) and box damaged .... Dec 25, 2011
By W. Richmond
Thought this would be good after seeing all the positive Amazon reviews, but I was shocked at how junky this thing was. Was an x-mas present and that made it more disappointing because I didn't look at it before actually giving to the recipient!
Here are the negatives:
Packaging: No problems with the Amazon shipping box, but inside was another story:
1) Product cardboard box was dented at one corner, like it had been dropped.
2) Styrofoam holding the actually jewelry box inside the product box, was broken. The Styrofoam was that rally cheap stuff too, that splits and leaves little Styrofoam chunks all over the place.
Jewelry box itself:
1) The box smelled like the paint used at the factory. This is that cheap model airplane type smell you get when building toy models. Must have been the black paint used with the box. A proper paint job would: A) use quality paint, B) dry sufficiently. In either case, it should not smell like paint.
2) The actual jewelry box was chipped/splitting at one corner. About ¼ high split 1/8" thickness of wood. Not the kind of thing you want on a gift!
3) The metal components were cheap. The metal was thin and looked like it wasn't cut/stamped properly out of the pattern. Looks like just a toy. With a nice box, you would expect some finer finished metal. The hinges in the back had a gap between the two hinge plates. So much for build tolerance!
4) In some places, the metal was somewhat oxidized with a white layer, indicating it may have rusted or had bad finish.
5) The wood at the corners, which had been routed to "concave look" (reverse cylinder) was pocketed with little divots on all four corners. Looks like a bad routing job and then an attempt to cover it with cheap wood filler, which didn't work.
6) Various wood seams were visible "exposed over the paint". You would expect a finer sanding and paint job would not reveal wood seams. However, some where visible. What was disturbing: some seams in the mirror image spot on the other side of the box were not visible. Clearly the factory was not paying attention. Get it all bad or all good, but not 1/2-1/2.
7) The beige velvet lining on one side had some sort of small rust spots on it. I didn't touch it to investigate. By this time, I was pretty much done with the jewelry box and putting it back into the packaging for a return back to Amazon.
Summary: very poor quality. I would not recommend this product. Was something you would expect to see from Toys R Us for a little girl.
6 of 6 found the following review helpful:
Nice Jewelry Box May 05, 2010
Gorgeous box, fast shipment!
I bought this for a friend's birthday. It arrived quickly.
However, something was caught in the auto tray and it wouldn't close properly.
I contacted the seller and they send me a replacement within a day.
Their service is amazing, I will definitely order from them again!
See all 26 customer reviews on Amazon.com